- KELP has the latest, fully digital broadcasting technology. Consider advertising on KELP! Our recording studios a...
- KELP Christian Radio provides a full featured social website for the benefit of our listening audience. Providi...
- KELP's mission and goal has been to reach families and change lives for our Lord Jesus Christ since 1982. Broadca...
- KELP reaches approximately 5 million people in the local geographical area, and at last report had registered lis...
- KELP Christian radio broadcasts from El Paso, Texas via AM 1590 and FM 95.9 as well as from Mesquite (Las Cruces)...
Verse of the Day
Thank You for Visiting the KELP Christian Radio Web Page.
KELP, El Paso’s first, and most influential Christian radio station, has been serving the Christian communities in Western Texas, Southern New Mexico, and Northern Mexico with the finest in inspirational and educational programming in both English and Spanish since 1982.
Broadcasting in stereo at 5000 watts of power, we broadcast on AM 1590 and FM 95.9 in El Paso, Texas; and FM 89.3 in Mesquite (Las Cruces), New Mexico, we provide the best in Christian programming seven days a week and twenty-four hours a day.
Headquartered in the city of El Paso, Texas, and serving the local municipalities of El Paso, Texas; Las Cruces, New Mexico; and Ciudad Juárez, in Mexico; a geographical area that extends East to Sierra Blanca, Texas; West to the Arizona border, North to the town of Truth or Consequences, NM and South approximately 400 miles into Mexico. We have a market which reaches a local population in excess of five million people. Streaming audio on our web site, KELP reaches around the world and has registered members listening in over eighty countries with the potential for reaching many more.
KELP Radio is a listener supported ministry, and has been owned and operated since 1984 by Arnold “Arnie” McClatchey, a veteran broadcaster with over 50 years of broadcasting experience, who has owned and managed Christian radio stations in Anaheim, California; Phoenix, Arizona; and Denver, Colorado.
KELP has a proven program line-up which features some of America's leading Bible teachers and preachers. In fact, we offer something for just about every member of the family, all in an attempt to reach families and change people’s lives for Christ Jesus our Lord. KELP features such nationally syndicated programs as "Thru the Bible Radio" with Dr. J. Vernon McGee; "Focus on the Family" with Dr. James Dobson; “The Word for Today" with Pastor Chuck Smith; "Insight for Living" with Pastor Chuck Swindoll", “Grace to You with Dr. John MacArthur; “Let My People Think,” and “Just Thinking” with apologist Ravi Zacharias, and many more wonderful programs.
Though not a church ourselves, none-the-less KELP strives to partner with conservative Christian churches to accomplish the goal of “reaching the world” with the gospel of Jesus Christ. KELP has three ministers of staff, who, in addition to their other responsibilities, minister to listeners in prayer, counseling, teaching, and hospital visitation. In addition, they frequently preach for local churches, conduct weekly bible studies, and minister in prisons.
Many local churches use KELP as an extension of their ministry with weekly programs to reach shut-ins and people searching for a church home. KELP listeners are kept informed with news from Family News in Focus as well as the Salem Radio Network; local weather reports; up to the minute traffic reports, and local call-in programs like "Prayer and Answers" and "Ladies Can We Talk," not to mention the longest running selling/trading program in the Southwest, the always popular "Trading Post" which airs on Saturdays at 9 a.m.
KELP has been a leader in the radio broadcasting industry, and plan to stay at the forefront of our field by putting our listeners first. With state-of-the-art digital broadcasting equipment, and constantly updating ourselves with the latest in technological advances, our mission is to provide the finest quality broadcasting of the best in Christian programming. In short, we go the extra mile for our listeners, sponsors, program providers, and staff, all in order to bring glory to our Lord Jesus.
Our commitment is to:
- Providing excellent programming for our listeners
- Responding to regional needs and interests
- Preparing ourselves to implement new technologies
- Marketing our services to stations and advertisers
- Being an innovator in our field
- Supporting our employees and providing career opportunities
- Facilitating the spiritual growth of people around the world by means of technology, programming, and spiritual tools
- Giving back to the communities we serve
Though we are proud of our reputation for quality, we give all credit and glory to Jesus Christ our Lord. Our goal and promise is to maintain our high standards into the new millennium, and to prayerfully serve to advance the truth of the Gospel of Christ by any means possible.
Serving you, by serving Him,
G. Jay Gilliland
Director of Operations
|United States (191519)|
|Russian Federation (5666)|
|United Kingdom (734)|